Thursday, July 29, 2010

Memories #6: Windurt Nation Missions Duo


This screenshot was taken during the time Mooner and I did the entire Windurst mission line just by ourselves. I'm not sure which mission we were working on, but it was taken while we had to climb to the top of Castle O. It always took us forever and ever to get to the top because I'm terrible with directions and this place is an awful maze. I do know this was taken in one of the oubliettes that you can fall into through a trapdoor.

As I said, Mooner and I duo'd the entire storyline by ourselves. It was so much fun! It took us probably about 2 weeks working on it off and on, so I didn't have to live in Windy for very long. I really didn't care for life there. The only bonus it had was being so close to the cooking guild. Other than that I missed Sandy terribly during my time here.

I moved to Bastok and got rank 10 there with help of random pick-up parties and bored friends. Mooner originated in Bastok and he had already been rank 10 there for a while. It took me a lot longer to complete Bastok than Windy. I hated being away from Sandy.

I always felt it was impressive that the two of us were able to duo the whole of Windy though. It may not have been, but I was proud of us. The storyline was pretty cool for Windy, as well!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Windurst missions...

    Windy story is really cool (says a loyal Windurstian, unsurprisingly), but the ending of Sandy was nicer, in my opinion. Sure, the CS about walking in Windy with Star Sibyl made me so~ proud, but in the end, the heroic deeds were written down in a book that was buried in the forbidden books section. ;_;

    Even though I know those elvaans won't ever go through with it, becoming at least nominally a potential heir to the throne of the kingdom was pretty cool. I wore my Opo-opo crown and walked around the chateau like I owned the place for a good while.

    It sounds impressive to me that you duoed the Windy missions, although I hardly remember the fights anymore, and can't really say how hard or easy they were, but mostly people tried to get a full party for the bcnms and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star! It's Burn! I hope you're doing well! I doubt you still use this thing anymore. Still remember our times farming in sky!

    ReplyDelete